HOME-------ABOUT-------CONTACT US

Friday, January 1, 2010

Which Direction in 2010?

Happy New Year, everyone! I'm excited to see where 2010 will take us all. It's been a while since I've posted; let's just say that "everyday life" sometimes gets in the way of pursuing our passions. But here I am today, looking forward to our first snowshoe adventure of the season (sometime soon I hope) and pausing to think about my blog resolutions for 2010.

I promise to write a short post on some great snowshoeing programs in the next day or two. For now, I'd like to discuss my vision for the future of New Hampshire: Love It or Leaf It.

In which direction would I like to take this blog in the year ahead? I've given it some thought and realized I'd love to turn this into a true blogging community. What exactly do I mean by that? Well, I would like to encourage many more comments from visitors and maybe even to introduce a live chat. It would be a way for us to learn from each other and gain a fresh perspective. Not sure if I have the technical skills and time to pull off a live chat feature, but I can dream!

Secondly, I want to open up the blog to more guest bloggers. As much as Doug and I try to get out there to explore our wonderful state, we're limited by time and energy. I would like to publish more guest posts from all you folks who are kayaking, biking, snow shoeing, and just plain exploring New Hampshire.

How will the blog get from "Point A" (where we are now) to "Point B" (where I'd like to be a year from now)? Well, that's for me to figure out, I guess. For now, I've taken the first step: I've shared my "secret" goals here. In a way, I've challenged myself to make it happen.
How about you? Is there anything you'd like to see on New Hampshire: Love it or Leaf It? Please take a moment to leave a comment. In the meantime, I wish you safe and happy outdoor adventures in 2010!

No comments: