HOME-------ABOUT-------CONTACT US

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thinking Spring and Kayaking

I'm excited that in about six days we'll be kayaking alongside the manatees in Florida's Crystal River -- with any luck, of course. Cross your fingers that the weather and the wildlife cooperate! I'll be sure to write all about it when we get back. The whole Florida trip has me thinking spring and kayaking, so I started a wish list of places to paddle in the area.

Some of these places have been recommended by fellow paddlers; some have been on "my radar" for a while, but we just haven't had a chance to make it happen. What's that line from the Jim Croce song, "There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do once you find them?" Anyway, if you've paddled any of these rivers or ponds, please write in and let me know. Maybe we can get a discussion going about some great places.


  • Merrymeeting River in New Durham
  • Rollins Pond near Loudon, Gilmanton
  • Grafton Pond in ?
  • Kimball Pond in Dunbarton
  • Danbury Bog in Danbury

Thanks to Kim on go-paddle.com for some of these ideas. Finally, if all of this has you thinking about kayaking, I invite you to check out the East Hampstead Kayaking Group on Meetup.com.

No comments: